viernes, 10 de septiembre de 2010

Carlos Rico Troncoso - PhD in English Language Teaching


I am studying for a PhD in English Language Teaching and my focus is on designing materials for theevelopment of intercultural communicative competence which I have enjoyed studying at Leeds Met.
I like the University in every sense; the teachers and students are very nice and I love the campus. I definitely feel at home.
What I enjoy the most about Leeds Met is that it is very easy to make friends and meet people from all over the world. I do not feel like a stranger or foreigner. Everyone here has made me feel comfortable and happy. I love living in Leeds; the city is full of history, shops and pubs and is extremely beautiful and exciting. You discover new things every week and you never get bored. The people are very friendly, if you need help, you can always find someone to help you. Who could want anything else? It is not difficult for overseas students to settle into this city.
I really like the Leeds Met Library. It is comfortable and it is open 24 hours a day. For my research study I can have access to recent journals which are free for students. There are also small study rooms which are well equipped and very good if you want to really concentrate. There are also bigger rooms ideal for groups.
After my PhD I will return to Columbia. My work is waiting for me, but now it is going to be different because I will be more mature and experienced and I will approach things with more social responsibility. I will work with the idea of having interchange programmes. I would definitely like more people to have the possibility of living this wonderful experience here at Leeds Met.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario